About COST Action CA17111
COST ACTION CA17111
“DATA INTEGRATION TO MAXIMISE THE POWER OF OMICS FOR GRAPEVINE IMPROVEMENT”
has officially started in September of 2018.
Establish an open, international, and representative network that integrates data from existing resources in a cost-effective manner, as well as making interoperable grapevine dataset and tools available in a secure and standardized format.
Grant Period 3
- Establish a common access point for grapevine data in the existing and well developed platforms in the context of systems biology.
- Improve the interoperability between Omics data and associated field data (e.g. climatic, agricultural and viticulture data) using data standards, ontologies and common application programming interfaces.
- Integrate grapevine data with other relevant datasets, such as the metagenomics of microorganisms interacting with grapevine plants and winemaking-related datasets.
- Provide recommendations and tools for data submission compliant to FAIR principles and data extraction: recommended repositories, standards formats, ontologies and validation tools.
- Develop a strategy to generate and update shared dictionaries of synonyms for genes and markers to improve the standards and ontologies, in the genetic and genomic domains with the final goal of providing recommendations to the grapevine community for their use based on real datasets.
- Build a centralized framework for the standard annotation of grapevine genes by integrating and disseminating the IGGP guidelines which propose a standard nomenclature for locus identifiers and define a convention for a gene naming in the context of grapevine genomics.
- Develop guidelines for the processing and analysis of sequence variation, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, and phenotypic datasets, using whatever information is available about the samples and analytical protocols.
- Disseminate the recommendations made and train the grapevine community to follow recommendations about guidelines on data standardization and data analysis, providing feedback
- Organise webinars to demonstrate the scope and use of software tools and information systems
- Organise hands-on sessions to test the recommendations and tools on real datasets and to train the wider community to comply with the recommended standards.
What are we doing?As for the invention of special tools to start to understand the connections of the stars in the constellations, INTEGRAPE will develop and promote tools that are dedicated to harnessing and exploiting all of the available datasets collected by grapevine scientists in the fields of molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry and systems biology.
Where is it going?Last, but not least, INTEGRAPE will make these data available and usable beyond the original experiments, and they will be interoperable in a secure and standardised format, to develop these grapevine datasets to be available to the public and to private research communities.
Find Out More
Please use the following text to acknowledge CA 17111 INTEGRAPE in all of your future publications related to INTEGRAPE: